Statement of responsibility: edited by Trudie Walters and Allan Stewart Jepson
ISBN: 0429015070, 0429015089, 0429015097, 0429506694, 1138583561, 9780429015076, 9780429015083, 9780429015090, 9780429506697, 9781138583566
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xvi, 251 pages : illustrations (black and white) ; 24 cm.
Routledge advances in event research series
Special events Management.; Customs and Folklore.; Marginality, Social.; Special events Social aspects.
Routledge advances in event research series.
- Understanding the nexus of marginalisation and events
- Trudie Walters and Allan Stewart Jepson
- Part I - Identity, cohesion, well-being and quality of life
- Marginalised groups and urban festivals in São Paulo and Lisbon: between social control, urban renewal and gentrification processes
- Paulo Cezar Nunes Jr and Ana Paula Cunha Pereira
- Proud to be South D: perceptions of a street festival in a marginalised community in New Zealand
- Trudie Walters
- Disability and rural events: the cultural reproduction of inclusion and exclusion
- Rayna Sage and Erin Flores
- De-marginalising marginalised communities: the case of participatory arts events and the over 70s in rural Hertfordshire, the United Kingdom
- Allan Stewart Jepson
- Part II - Empowerment, resistance and transformation
- The FAFSWAG Ball: event spaces, counter-marginal narratives and walking queer bodies into the centre
- Jared Mackley-Crump and Kirsten Zemke
- Transformative effects of hip-hop events in Khayelitsha, South Africa
- Sudiipta Shamalii Dowsett
- Assessing the potential of the European Capital of Culture to integrate refugees: the case of Matera 2019
- Nicholas Wise
- Claiming space through events: the tension of homelessness in the worlds most liveable city
- Amanda Ford, Jennifer Laing and Warwick Frost
- Part III - Managing events at the margins of life, death and the universe
- Understanding peripheral queer events: the case of Gay Ski Week, Queenstown, New Zealand
- Willem JL Coetzee and Xiang Liu
- Barriers to access: investigation of plus-size women consumer experiences at fashion events
- Amanda Elliott and Rebecca Finkel
- Creating safe space in a hostile place: exploring the Marathon of Afghanistan through the lens of safe space
- Madeleine Orr and Anna Baeth
- 'It allowed me to deliver the biggest show of their national tour': an examination of contemporary live music festivals in peripheral and geographically isolated locales
- Christina Ballico
- Events management for the end of life: mortality, mourning and marginalisation
- Chantal Laws and Katie Deverell
- Concluding upon marginalisation and events
- Allan Stewart Jepson and Trudie Walters