Statement of responsibility: edited by Brent W. Ritchie and Kom Campiranon
ISBN: 178064325X, 1780643268, 9781780643250, 9781780643267
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
CABI series in tourism management series
Tourism Asia.; Tourism Pacific Area.; Emergency management Pacific Area.; Geography.; Emergency management Asia.
CABI series in tourism management series.
- INTRODUCTION 1 Introduction: Major themes and perspectives
- PREVENTION AND PREPAREDNESS 2: Conceptualising organisational resilience in tourism disaster and crisis management
- 3: Theoretical perspectives on crimes against tourists The influence of organisational culture on crisis planning: An application of the competing value framework in Chinese hotels
- 4: How does crisis leadership influence effective crisis readiness?
- 5: Collaborative communication networks: An application in Indonesia
- RESPONSE AND RECOVERY 6: Integrating tourism into disaster recovery management - The case of the Great East Japan earthquake and tsunami 2011
- 7: An analysis of the tourism industry's management responses to political crises in Thailand
- 8: From tsunami to recovery: The resilience of Sri Lankan tourism industry
- 9: Analysing the impact of the 2011 natural disasters on the Central Queensland tourism industry
- 10: The global financial crisis' influence on Chinese outbound travel market: A case study of the Shanghai regional market
- 11: The development of a trans-national tourism risk, crisis and recovery management network
- 12: The development of new tourism networks to respond to, and recover from the 2011 Christchurch Earthquake
- RESOLUTION, LEARNING AND FEEDBACK 13: Ecotourism as a sustainable recovery tool after an earthquake
- 14: The devastation of Darwin: Representing the recovery and reconstruction of Australia after Cyclone Tracy
- CONCLUSION AND FUTURE DIRECTIONS 15: Conclusions and future directions