Statement of responsibility: Nigel Halpern and Anne Graham
ISBN: 1138641375, 1315630540, 1317247337, 1317247345, 1317247353, 9781138641372, 9781315630540, 9781317247333, 9781317247340, 9781317247357
Intended audience: Specialized.
428 pages : illustrations (black and white) ; 25 cm.
Routledge companions in business, management and accounting
Transport.; Airports Management.; Airlines Management.
Air transport management; Companion to air transport management
Routledge companions in business, management and accounting.
- PRELIMS, List of figures, List of tables, Notes on contributors, Acknowledgements, List of abbreviations and acronyms, Introduction to The Routledge Companion to Air Transport Management, Nigel Halpern and Anne Graham
- PART I. CURRENT STATE OF THE AIR TRANSPORT SECTORS
- 1. The global airline industry, John F. O'Connell, 2. The air cargo industry, Rico Merkert and David Alexander, 3. The airport industry, Lucy Budd and Stephen Ison, 4. Air traffic management and air navigation service providers, Marc Bourgois, Eduardo G. Gonzßlez and Peter Hullah, 5. The commercial aerospace industry, Fariba E. Alamdari, Jan Hogrefe and Wendy R. Sowers, 6. Impacts of liberalisation in global mature markets, David Gillen, 7. Liberalisation developments in key selected emerging markets, Eric T. Njoya and David Warnock-Smith, 8. Evolving airline and airport business models, Marina Efthymiou and Andreas Papatheodorou
- PART II. APPLICATION OF MANAGEMENT DISCIPLINES TO AIRLINES AND AIRPORTS
- 9. Airline business strategy, Gui Lohmann and Bojana Spasojevic, 10. Airport business strategy, Nigel Halpern, 11. Airline economics and finance, Anming Zhang and Yahua Zhang, 12. Airport economics and finance, Anne Graham, 13. Airline marketing, Blaise P. Waguespack, 14. Airport marketing, Nigel Halpern, 15. Airline capacity planning and management, Cheng-Lung Wu and Stephen J. Maher, 16. Airport capacity planning and management, Dieter Wilken, 17. Airline sustainability and corporate social responsibility, Robert Mayer, 18. Airport sustainability and corporate social responsibility, Christopher Paling and Callum Thomas
- PART III. KEY SELECTED THEMES
- 19. Patterns and drivers of demand for air transport, Xingwu Zheng and Anne Graham, 20. The role of technology in airline management and operations, Berendien Lubbe and Theunis Potgieter, 21. Key aspects in aviation security, William G. Morrison and Kathleen Rodenburg, 22. Airline service quality and the consumer experience, Dawna L. Rhoades, 23. Consumer protection regimes and passenger complaints, Paul Hooper, 24. Low cost carrier implications for human resource management, Geraint Harvey and Peter Turnbull, 25. Air transport and climate change, Stefan G÷ssling.