Statement of responsibility: Dallen J. Timothy and Victor B. Teye
ISBN: 0750686596, 9780750686594
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
ix, 270 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Tourist camps, hostels, etc.; Hospitality industry.; Hotels.; Tourism.
- Chapter One: Tourism and Tourist Accommodations
- SECTION I: CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN THE LODGING SECTOR
- Demand for Lodging and Tourism
- Current Issues in Human Resources, Structural Change, and e-Commerce in the Global Lodging Sector
- The Socio-Economic Implications in the Destination
- Globalization and Inclusiveness in the Lodging Sector
- Accommodations and the Green Movement
- Safety and Security Issues in a Globalizing World
- Food and Beverage Services, Gaming and Conferences
- SECTION II: TOURIST LODGING TYPES AND FORMS
- Hotels, Motels and Resorts
- Second Homes and Timeshares
- Small-Scale Boutique Accommodations: Inns, Bed & Breakfasts, Lodges, Farm Stays and Pensions
- Mobile Lodging
- Youth Hostels and Backpacker Accommodation
- Novelty and Alternative Lodging
- Critical Issues and the Future of Lodging