Statement of responsibility: Gerry Johnson, Richard Whittington, Kevan Scholes
ISBN: 0273735519, 0273737007, 9780273735519, 9780273737001
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Previous ed.: published as Exploring corporate strategy. 2008.
xxix, 562 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), col. ports. ; 27 cm. + 1 Internet access card.
Business planning.; Strategic planning.; Business and Management.
- 1 Introducing Strategy
- Part I - THE STRATEGIC POSITION
- Introduction to Part I
- 2 The environment
- 3 Strategic Capabilities
- 4 Strategic Purpose
- 5 Culture and Strategy
- Commentary on Part I The Strategic Position
- Part II - STRATEGIC CHOICES
- Introduction to Part II
- 6 Business Strategy
- 7 Corporate strategy and diversification
- 8 International strategy
- 9 Innovation and entrepreneurship
- 10 Mergers, acquisitions and alliances
- Commentary on Part II Strategic Choices
- Part III - STRATEGY IN ACTION
- Introduction to Part III
- 11 Evaluation strategies
- 12 Strategy development processes
- 13 Organising for success
- 14 Leadership and strategic change
- 15 The practice of strategy
- Commentary on Part III Strategy in Action
Exploring Strategy has sold a staggering 900,000 copies worldwide, thanks to its outstanding and engaging view of strategy in the world we live in. It equips readers with a detailed understanding of the issues and techniques of strategy, using illustration from real companies to make sense of the subject. With unique and powerful learning tools such as inspiring case studies, a new strategy simulation and video assignments, Exploring Strategy provides a proven high quality resource that you shouldnt be without.